I started this project ages ago and finally got to finish it the other day and am very pleased with the results even if I don't think the pictures do it justice.
I had picked up a collection of old linen napkins which considering I already have tons of the things was a bit of a waste on my side. So what to do with them.
I had seen some posts in the past about edging pillowcases and I though that might work. About the same time the local little wool (come fancy dress) shop had some wonderful crochet yarn in the window and in one of the local boo-ti-ques I found a collection too. (Strange how you sometimes find similar bits like that all on the same day - it's like you are supposed to find them...)