Friday 24 June 2011

Bits and bobs

I have just downloaded my camera as I wanted to show you my scallop/shell blanket WIP as it is so yummy and I am so pleased with it so far when I found these other bits on there that I had forgotten about! Seems even though Radish is now 10 months I still have baby brain!

So as promised here is the blanket WIP. Soooo much nicer than my attempt at a ripple and having the random stripe generator to take away the 'ooooh i don't know which colour to work with next' is ideal.


Can't wait for this one to be finished. However it will be a while as I'm only getting about three rows a night done and it's for a kingsized bed. This is my biggest project to date and I reckon I will need two more buys of wool to complete it. I was telling the hubby last night that we need to have a daughter so I could leave it for her. He looked slightly worried about that! I will keep you updated as I go. On the blanket obviously - not on trying for a daughter ;-)

During one of my research  wasting time  days I came across a crochet hanger tutorial on the lovely blog Marmalade Rose and had to have a go. My grandma used to have loads of these. I wonder what happened to them? I will have to ask the Rellys when I see them at the 'Not Getting Married Party'. Anyhow I had a go and was very pleased with the result.



I used the colours that I am using for my vintage blanket as I think it's definately a boudoir type item. I also used those colours to do some little brooches too.




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Love the scallop blanket - it is on my to do list, once I have actually finished my doing now list!

    ReplyDelete