Monday 2 May 2011

What a star - my first pattern

Having a go at the bunting got me thinking of doing a pattern myself. I usually have a go at making up my own patterns but have never written any down. It's one thing to make something up in your head and see if it works but it's another to write it down for other people, so here I am starting small. A small star to be exact. 



Use them linked together to make a different kind of bunting or mix and match them with little hearts (my next pattern). I think I will make some for Christmas too.


Right - here we go - I hope it works! I used cotton that i had left over from Radish's baby blanket but any yarn will do. I also used a 5.00 hook. No idea if it's English or US size though - that usually goes straight over my head!


Star Pattern: 

With your first colour, ch 6; join with a sl st in first ch to form a ring. 


Round 1: Ch 1, *sc, 3 dc in ring* 5 times; join with a sl st in first sc: 15 dc/5 sc. 



Round 2: Ch1, hdc in next dc, (dc, tr, dc) in next dc (center dc), hdc in next dc; * sc in next sc, hdc in next dc, (dc, tr, 2 dc) in next dc (center dc) hdc in next dc; rep from * around; join with a sl st in first sc: Fasten off. 




Round 3: Join second colour to any tr with a sl st; *(hdc, dc, hdc) in tr space, sc in next 2 dc, sl st in sc, sc in next 2 dc; rep from * around; join with a sl st in first hdc; sl st to top dc. Chain 10 then join with a sl st in first ch to form a ring and fasten off. Sew in thread to neaten ends.




There you go - I hope it works for you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment