Wednesday 8 June 2011

Must Share

How fab is this? A random stripe genetrator. Such lovely colours! I came across this whilst wasting time researching on the net and was soooo impressed.

Basically it gives you a choice of colour and stripe thickness and then how many rows you would want. It then generates a colour pattern visually and in text that you can save and work from. Brilliant for me as i always take my colours, crochet and then end up pulling them apart as I don't like the mix.

And... if you dont like the first colourway that comes up - you can keep refreshing it until you find what you are happy with. How clever is Caitlin, the author of the blog, Biscuits and Jam?

It's addictive. All my wool scraps have been out and I have been playing quite happily :-) So much so that I have just ordered 8 new colours to make a blanket for mine and hubbies bed. I knew I wanted something vintage colour wise but wasn't sure exactly what colours so this was ideal before buying.

Will wait till they arrive to see their true colours but this will give you an idea of what I'm aiming for. It will be in ripples though not stripes I think... Yummy!

1 comment: